Sunday, May 16, 2021

Reflection - Number Our Days - My Staff

Source (book): "Teach Us to Number Our Days", Chapter 4, "My Staff", Page 27.
By David Roper, Pastor, and regular and popular writer for Our Daily Bread.



I'm growing fonder of my staff
PHOTO: I'm growing fonder of my staff;
I'm growing dimmer in the eyes;
I'm growing fainter in my laugh;
I'm growing deeper in my sighs;
I'm growing careless of my dress;
I'm growing frugal of my gold;
I'm growing wise; I'm growing - yes -
I'm growing old.

- John Godfrey Saxe

There's an antique rack in the entrance to our home in which we keep the canes and walking sticks of several generations of our family. My favourite is a slender staff with a gold-plated knob, engraved with the initials "DHR." It belonged to Carolyn's great-grandfather, whose name was Daniel Henry Rankin. Curiously, my initials are the same.

My study houses another stick collection: my father's peeled, apple-wood walking stick and an ancient, gnarled (knobbly, rough, and twisted), blackthorn shillelagh (blackthorn wooden walking stick) among others.

Outside in a barrel in our garage there's an assortment of cross-country ski poles, wading wands, and trekking sticks I've gathered over the years. One of these days, I'll probably trade them all in for handrails and a walker.

I think of old Jacob, worshiping and "leaning on his staff." (Hebrews 11:21) Like Jacob, I too am crippled, broken-down, and ruined. I'll always need something or someone to lean on.

These days, when I set out on an enterprise that seems daunting (intimidating) for me at my age, I take this staff along with me: "The Lord will go before [me]." (Isaiah 52:12)

When I see my friends struggling with sin and guilt, I hold up this rod: May they "have power . . . to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge." (Ephesians 3:18-19)

When there seems to be no time for reflection and quiet waiting and I think I must act now, I remember this stay: "Be still, and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10)

When I note that my legs and heart have grown weaker and I can no longer wade swift streams, climb steep trails, and surmount other difficulties, I strengthen my inner person with this thought: God will not cast me away when I am old; He will not forsake me when my strength now is in "quietness and confidence." (Isaiah 32:17)

When I think of death and its certainty, I remember God's faithfulness throughout my years: He has supported me with His right hand; He has guided me with His counsel; and "afterward [he] will take me into glory." (Psalm 73:24)

These truths and others are "the very staff of my age, my very prop."

Old Jacob, weary and worn-out - once strong, but now humbled and utterly dependent on God - worshiped, leaning on the top of his staff. Like Jacob, I'm growing old and fond of my staff. I aim to keep it close at hand.

Lord
With a crooked stick for a cane
I'm limping home.
Mocked and maligned
Stooped and stupid
Soiled and shabby
I limp toward You.

- Ruth Harms Calkin

An afterthought . . .

I re-read John Bunyan's The Pilgrim's Progress the other day and came across this passage: "After this, Mr. Ready-to-halt called for his fellow-pilgrims, and told them, saying, I am sent for, and God shall surely visit you also. So he desired Mr. Valiant to make his will. And because he had nothing to bequeath (leave) to them that should survive him but his crutches, and his good wishes, therefore thus he said: These crutches I bequeath to my son that shall tread in my steps, with a hundred warm wishes that he may prove better than I have been."

My staff and crutches I bequeath to our three sons.
Picture posted by PavelTomashevskiy on 14 May 2014
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhJNi2WUdMMyRdurOgpXaHqtq-jI7YkHOPaLHObSoB1CwiHnkQWDO8tdRYka7QGNjWur9cYNLEdlonU0QIxae8gg5IMJI9bIdpQGXymuZ5pRRHyMWdEIVC2lsQRIFVRe2BbUGkg_5kmZJE/s731/11213.jpg
https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/1818a755-6560-4167-98b7-4e547a8f2e02/d7i8mjx-4e400edc-e2d2-4140-8ce3-110c22c46e00.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzE4MThhNzU1LTY1NjAtNDE2Ny05OGI3LTRlNTQ3YThmMmUwMlwvZDdpOG1qeC00ZTQwMGVkYy1lMmQyLTQxNDAtOGNlMy0xMTBjMjJjNDZlMDAuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.4tFoRc-F171B5WO3kk98WGIiAV9Hptm7oQi7bOVYUb0
https://www.deviantart.com/paveltomashevskiy/art/Old-man-453898797



I'm growing fonder of my staff;
I'm growing dimmer in the eyes;
I'm growing fainter in my laugh;
I'm growing deeper in my sighs;
I'm growing careless of my dress;
I'm growing frugal of my gold;
I'm growing wise; I'm growing - yes -
I'm growing old.

- John Godfrey Saxe
 

I'm growing fonder of my staff; I'm growing dimmer in the eyesPHOTO: I'm growing fonder of my staff; I'm growing dimmer in the eyes; . . . I'm growing - yes - I'm growing old.
Picture posted by MiguelRegodon on 07 July 2015 - Madame Ravonge - Pathfinder

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjBI2ljdIvnlTsc9Tbh3bI9wOCELek4JJAqZymlOW9YdPnSRMQTDKpl118gER0xLAHBiuKsy9Hl3hkqxM5Xn4j2cNbMlk2Q2hj9KxiqaBJBMM6_JOaYFlvqmZu35NsAUOSm2okB7gbbns0/s806/d906c2r-a3c05c32-daeb-4c6b-a23b-7cc063928dbc.jpg
https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/9a6ce74c-2fee-4ca4-b8da-e36fed6ccab2/d906c2r-a3c05c32-daeb-4c6b-a23b-7cc063928dbc.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzlhNmNlNzRjLTJmZWUtNGNhNC1iOGRhLWUzNmZlZDZjY2FiMlwvZDkwNmMyci1hM2MwNWMzMi1kYWViLTRjNmItYTIzYi03Y2MwNjM5MjhkYmMuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.h-QbcWE56r1mRXjsafFJPmkY1tEB1mi-CM7ofdUy9OM
https://www.deviantart.com/miguelregodon/art/Madame-Ravonge-Pathfinder-544491171



There's an antique rack in the entrance to our home in which we keep the canes and walking sticks of several generations of our family. My favourite is a slender staff with a gold-plated knob, engraved with the initials "DHR." It belonged to Carolyn's great-grandfather, whose name was Daniel Henry Rankin. Curiously, my initials are the same.


There's an antique rack in the entrance to our home in which we keep the canes and walking sticks of several generations of our family.
PHOTO: There's an antique rack in the entrance to our home in which we keep the canes and walking sticks of several generations of our family. My favourite is a slender staff with a gold-plated knob, engraved with the initials "DHR."
Picture posted by Alamy
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhc6C8IfrtO9LMyUbsV2mQymCNxpQ1M2puLEkc4_5G9MK-A-deEmTc_ncANBpN01TmpjoxMS-dzOe1583rOFavuO3oTDsZVaAj8t0Z76-vHPSzaoCwFdtGwmlXQhgrPy-AFHtnjr_f5p9g/s1390/MN69NG_1.png
https://c8.alamy.com/comp/MN69NG/walking-sticks-for-sale-MN69NG.jpg
https://www.alamy.com/walking-sticks-for-sale-image185150828.html



My study houses another stick collection: my father's peeled, apple-wood walking stick and an ancient, gnarled (knobbly, rough, and twisted), blackthorn shillelagh (blackthorn wooden walking stick) among others.


My study houses another stick collection: my father's peeled, apple-wood walking stick and an ancient, gnarled (knobbly, rough, and twisted), blackthorn shillelagh (blackthorn wooden walking stick) among others.
PHOTO: My study houses another stick collection: my father's peeled, apple-wood walking stick and an ancient, gnarled (knobbly, rough, and twisted), blackthorn shillelagh (blackthorn wooden walking stick) among others. 
Picture posted by irishongrand.com
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiG_PmtbZ7j4UrwbC4KYHkn9ndU_ki9sSBGRX6hKcy2LirGCzExrBlNdbbg9StF55QhhyPoSJLsNBdlBbqRpC-7PXnOkvI5yVPGaGRMxQpeYy3E49Sd1wdex9lnsZn4K3nfUxVFl0G-uWY/s941/7dfdc27bdfa5a2d747531d027596a9b6.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/7d/fd/c2/7dfdc27bdfa5a2d747531d027596a9b6.jpg
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/812407220268795837/



Outside in a barrel in our garage there's an assortment of cross-country ski poles, wading wands, and trekking sticks I've gathered over the years. One of these days, I'll probably trade them all in for handrails and a walker.


Outside in a barrel in our garage there's an assortment of cross-country ski poles, wading wands, and trekking sticks I've gathered over the years.
PHOTO: Outside in a barrel in our garage there's an assortment of cross-country ski poles, wading wands, and trekking sticks I've gathered over the years. One of these days, I'll probably trade them all in for handrails and a walker.
Picture posted by Alamy

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhCV84HMP7A5JJFm_56swud80h7G1ky2Okgue0c2knic117N9Hx0YuY3y9PjYBRby2bkLrenOjCUKV0F2L8gwTMN6jFgBQGRuiTwzz8YMquLHYlFmi6EO6oGYbrGIV6tcT_qRlkXr5xFJM/s1390/AP9RCD_1.png
https://c7.alamy.com/comp/AP9RCD/basque-man-wearing-black-basque-beret-carries-a-bundle-of-hand-made-AP9RCD.jpg
https://www.alamy.com/basque-man-wearing-black-basque-beret-carries-a-bundle-of-hand-made-image5133260.html



I think of old Jacob, worshiping and "leaning on his staff." (Hebrews 11:21) [23] Like Jacob, I too am crippled, broken-down, and ruined. I'll always need something or someone to lean on.


I think of old Jacob, worshiping and 'leaning on his staff.'
PHOTO: I think of old Jacob, worshiping and "leaning on his staff." (Hebrews 11:21) Like Jacob, I too am crippled, broken-down, and ruined. I'll always need something or someone to lean on.
Picture posted by ensaniat@asheghee_iran_ on 21 April 2018 at 11:12 pm

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhkTnwWsRTZF_y2VaOrftZu08F3putD0Gxb0f7yrWUEzBe3gXj0wdbRje5VellYrrnEVVd1Xlg6IVO_mjp1yiZXC4sisNnPmho5SAlEdW2Ihyphenhyphen1ClBLuvTlhiAjgpbXGZ3aVWRbGucxgX6Q/s1280/DbUNigwX4AATBSS.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbUNigwX4AATBSS?format=jpg&name=large
https://twitter.com/asheghee_iran_/status/987710601383301121/photo/1



These days, when I set out on an enterprise that seems daunting (intimidating) for me at my age, I take this staff along with me: "The Lord will go before [me]." (Isaiah 52:12) [24]


These days, when I set out on an enterprise that seems daunting (intimidating) for me at my age, I take this staff along with me
PHOTO: These days, when I set out on an enterprise that seems daunting (intimidating) for me at my age, I take this staff along with me: "The Lord will go before [me]." (Isaiah 52:12) 
Picture posted by Cooper Hewitt
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgUusqSjoIhD918Kwwx6SiegpYtQWBK7HEHz9e124PZIjIXNgGRrIUZXrS5-meNR3acb5WgoIE3L-whTqTEni_4AoS8Gmj_J2uDMZy-tftE4r-YO5NiyDkPdpeng5pp5g4RwlRnzCGCzJc/s1024/152762_344c129213a3d595_b.jpg
https://images.collection.cooperhewitt.org/152762_344c129213a3d595_b.jpg
http://collection.cooperhewitt.org/objects/18127165/



When I see my friends struggling with sin and guilt, I hold up this rod: May they "have power . . . to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge." (Ephesians 3:18-19) [25]


When I see my friends struggling with sin and guilt, I hold up this rod
PHOTO: When I see my friends struggling with sin and guilt, I hold up this rod: May they "have power . . . to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge." (Ephesians 3:18-19) 
PHOTO: When there seems to be no time for reflection and quiet waiting and I think I must act now, I remember this stay: "Be still, and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10) [26] 
Picture posted by Life of Brian on Thursday, 21 February 2013
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjVAhlBQZ5oQcf0rGjKdy5VEde3T44srgjd5bnFpwpXFz-xn2ECz3V-HXBVmGpvSuPDqWhlwSBcjsgjCaO0rmtIX7OCh3d_1r1tgxho5au0w6E4w4OCrmPsXiak5iUYeo4PxI13xxEV8kA/s1573/image.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-n7otBy1ZvRM/USa4moXU2TI/AAAAAAAABoA/e6xaqmmIP4Y/s1600/image.jpg
http://glenapp.blogspot.com/2013/02/wise-old-man.html



When I note that my legs and heart have grown weaker and I can no longer wade swift streams, climb steep trails, and surmount other difficulties, I strengthen my inner person with this thought: God will not cast me away when I am old; He will not forsake me when my strength now is in "quietness and confidence." (Isaiah 32:17) [27]


When I note that my legs and heart have grown weaker and I can no longer wade swift streams, climb steep trails, and surmount other difficulties, I strengthen my inner person with this thought
PHOTO: When I note that my legs and heart have grown weaker and I can no longer wade swift streams, climb steep trails, and surmount other difficulties, I strengthen my inner person with this thought: God will not cast me away when I am old; He will not forsake me when my strength now is in "quietness and confidence." (Isaiah 32:17)
Picture posted by Faith Bible Ministries Blog ~ An Online Study of the Bible
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh_9Fld2snrMnLHN0OXSMAq6EgEYQ7VtUUpO_JhjoJkYm_kZ88voDLA9w3SIXAjpyG-NXkhwBUZaWPzfkoEMYfr52uI0DrFlDbcuwDYf3eVGmwHtjQkl0TB8WAL6xgwSeXXFU5n6gfE1ec/s500/man-leaning-on-staff-jpg.jpg
https://faithbibleministries.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/man-leaning-on-staff-jpg.jpg
https://faithbibleministriesblog.com/2018/08/17/how-does-a-believer-be-strong-in-the-lord-2/



When I think of death and its certainty, I remember God's faithfulness throughout my years: He has supported me with His right hand; He has guided me with His counsel; and "afterward [he] will take me into glory." (Psalm 73:24) [28]

These truths and others are "the very staff of my age, my very prop." [29]

Old Jacob, weary and worn-out - once strong, but now humbled and utterly dependent on God - worshiped, leaning on the top of his staff. Like Jacob, I'm growing old and fond of my staff. I aim to keep it close at hand.


Old Jacob, weary and worn-out - once strong, but now humbled and utterly dependent on God - worshiped, leaning on the top of his staff.
PHOTO: Old Jacob, weary and worn-out - once strong, but now humbled and utterly dependent on God - worshiped, leaning on the top of his staff. Like Jacob, I'm growing old and fond of my staff. I aim to keep it close at hand.
Picture posted by buraisuko on 05 October 2005

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgYwBNg4owcRkvWkwoMSa3MIfOQb1IpV-GVObusX3iz2ALIicKaOSe-GPcaQgTdc4PJ28myNxwfRFP3eF9qW3x9GWtGBIoEI7aeqfxZ5Q8IogEkHwAZiiCvxwDfqdHDj7IFLjsDQs9G1EQ/s672/old_chinese_man_by_buraisuko_de3gqg-fullview.jpg
https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/7db51922-c8e1-46bd-9840-6187262e4c24/de3gqg-8f06d169-a726-4ad7-b485-6e7c42b3a9f2.jpg/v1/fill/w_533,h_672,q_75,strp/old_chinese_man_by_buraisuko_de3gqg-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NjcyIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvN2RiNTE5MjItYzhlMS00NmJkLTk4NDAtNjE4NzI2MmU0YzI0XC9kZTNncWctOGYwNmQxNjktYTcyNi00YWQ3LWI0ODUtNmU3YzQyYjNhOWYyLmpwZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD01MzMifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.sWIqViszOYm2x6LQ_qe0ZWEQuQAG1Lg4NXDhcuFkbz8
https://www.deviantart.com/buraisuko/art/Old-Chinese-Man-23676280



Lord
With a crooked stick for a cane
I'm limping home.
Mocked and maligned
Stooped and stupid
Soiled and shabby
I limp toward You.

- Ruth Harms Calkin


Lord
PHOTO: Lord
With a crooked stick for a cane
I'm limping home.
Mocked and maligned
Stooped and stupid
Soiled and shabby
I limp toward You.
- Ruth Harms Calkin
Picture posted by Faith Bible Ministries Blog ~ An Online Study of the Bible

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi3Q9okgxYz2S9CN8M60JlwZP5nX22s_tVJlN718tiAKTHstbDCrv4Fg5fCdTZtGATGh3cPorRaeU94dmY4Fo9Rd_NhLroToiV4Yuezu65f741GuECoNT4xhnYw9cHjCDigtSthYSkcbHA/s625/stairway-21.jpg
https://faithbibleministries.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/stairway-21.jpg
https://faithbibleministriesblog.com/2018/08/17/how-does-a-believer-be-strong-in-the-lord-2/



An afterthought . . .

I re-read John Bunyan's The Pilgrim's Progress the other day and came across this passage: "After this, Mr. Ready-to-halt called for his fellow-pilgrims, and told them, saying, I am sent for, and God shall surely visit you also. So he desired Mr. Valiant to make his will. And because he had nothing to bequeath (leave) to them that should survive him but his crutches, and his good wishes, therefore thus he said: These crutches I bequeath to my son that shall tread in my steps, with a hundred warm wishes that he may prove better than I have been." [30]

My staff and crutches I bequeath to our three sons.
 

When I think of death and its certainty, I remember God's faithfulness throughout my yearsPHOTO: When I think of death and its certainty, I remember God's faithfulness throughout my years: He has supported me with His right hand; He has guided me with His counsel; and "afterward [he] will take me into glory." (
Psalm 73:24)
My staff and crutches I bequeath to our three sons.
Picture posted by admin on 31 January 2018

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg0uWsyTHKqKZbTAD20VH1dLUKLbe6uoQ6-Xu_OVw-tSQzdePO0cWW75Z4gk_MQ2henPcrpJstN7jA-FsRkMc5P94QuW7_2NugbRSh1MBGVSeA6WRTLFqC5NpZOCzlNrLhJm_FAJ58t6YI/s1600/iStock-599770086.jpg
http://encontrocomcristo.com.br/blogs/meditando/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2018/01/iStock-599770086.jpg
http://encontrocomcristo.com.br/blogs/meditando/abra-teu-coracao-e-deixe-jesus-entrar/
https://veryfatoldman.blogspot.com/2018/08/reflection-imitating-christ-imitating.html



Dear Lord
Dear Lord
PHOTO: "Dear Lord, we pray to have someone to lean on when we are crippled, broken-down, and ruined.

Lord, provide us the “staff” which symbolised You going before us when things seems daunting, especially at our old age. As we struggle with our sins and guilt, help us to realise ‘how wide, long, high, and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge’.

Help us to remember in time of confusion, when we have no time for reflection and quiet waiting, that we need to ‘Be still, and know that I am God’.

Lord, when we note that our legs and heart have grown weaker and we can no longer wade swift streams, climb steep trails, and surmount other difficulties, we strengthen our inner person with this thought: God will not cast us away when we are old; He will not forsake us when our strength now is in ‘quietness and confidence’.

When we think of death and its certainty, help us to remember God's faithfulness throughout our years: He has supported us with His right hand; He has guided us with His counsel; and ‘afterward [he] will take us into glory’. May we realise that these truths and others are ‘the very staff of our age, our very support’.

We once were strong, but now weary and worn-out, humbled and utterly dependent on God. We worshiped, leaning on the top of his staff.

Lord, With a crooked stick for a cane, I'm limping home. Mocked and maligned, stooped and stupid, soiled and shabby, I limp toward You.

Through Lord Jesus Christ we pray. Amen!
"
Picture posted by Gotika
gif file generated by Animated Images Effects Generator at
http://www.webestools.com/animated-images-effect-generator-effects-gif-images-picture-blog-gif-fx-images-animated-effect.html
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjsghQAB3jZRyB20TNt2fO9JN1V_cMBHFBihfYllcwnveTR1AFTGn3La8nmRbZnvSdN9yMJrt-thUKpypRoAqYiexrhwDX4mLA8RA7r6SZ1-uzW4oDkRqSTDcIWddo0SqNG7r5jnp9tAf4/s863/d5456af76c9d3118d5f3a30303635118_11.png
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiEnDIXJwPlKermZR18BdMDiqH08v9Od71_3RnxiwH_I6HTDITLfrbvryrm5N0-T8sI8baJovIl7ryUDrJPp4tRZKflJOvz9YJUe2A5z48GWmZ72OotU-YApXykMRF7okXFYn1L5EiUSF0/s982/d5456af76c9d3118d5f3a30303635118_11.gif
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d5/45/6a/d5456af76c9d3118d5f3a30303635118.jpg
https://www.pinterest.es/pin/436286282650908265/


Reflection - Number Our Days - My Staff
Source (book): "Teach Us to Number Our Days", Chapter 4, "My Staff", Page 27.
By David Roper, Pastor, and regular and popular writer for Our Daily Bread.



Other Books

"Faithful to the end", A Preacher's Exposition of 2 Timothy, @ 2014 by Robert M. Solomon

'Faithful to the end', A Preacher's Exposition of 2 Timothy, @ 2014 by Robert M. Solomon<br>
Reflection - Faithful to the end (Links)
https://veryfatoldman.blogspot.com/2017/06/reflection-faithful-to-end-links.html


"Finding rest for the soul" Responding to Jesus' Invitation in Matthew 11:28-29, ©
2016 by Robert M. Solomon

Reflection - Finding rest for the soul (Links)
Reflection - Finding rest for the soul (Links)
https://veryfatoldman.blogspot.com/2018/10/reflection-finding-rest-for-soul-links.html


"God in Pursuit" Lessons from the Book of Jonah, ©
2016 by Robert M. Solomon

'Reflection - God in Pursuit (Links) - PART I-III, posted on Saturday, 10 August 2019
Reflection - God in Pursuit (Links) - PART I-III, posted on Saturday, 10 August 2019
https://veryfatoldman.blogspot.com/2019/08/reflection-god-in-pursuit-links-part-i.html


"God in Pursuit" Lessons from the Book of Jonah, ©
2016 by Robert M. Solomon

'Reflection - God in Pursuit (Links) - PART IV, posted on Saturday, 10 August 2019
Reflection - God in Pursuit (Links) - PART IV, posted on Saturday, 10 August 2019
https://veryfatoldman.blogspot.com/2019/08/reflection-god-in-pursuit-links-part-iv.html
 


"Songs of Christmas", The Stories and Significance of 20 Well-Loved Carols, ©
2018 by Robert M. Solomon

Reflection - Songs of Christmas (Links), posted on Friday, 24 April 2020
Reflection - Songs of Christmas (Links), posted on Friday, 24 April 2020

https://veryfatoldman.blogspot.com/2020/04/reflection-songs-of-christmas-links.html
 

"Growing Old Gracefully", Following Jesus to the End, © 2019 by Robert M. Solomon

Reflection - Growing Old Gracefully, Part I - III (Links), posted on Wednesday, 09 December 2020
Reflection - Growing Old Gracefully, Part I - III (Links), posted on Wednesday, 09 December 2020
https://veryfatoldman.blogspot.com/2020/12/reflection-growing-old-gracefully-part.html
 

Reflection - Growing Old Gracefully, Part IV - V (Links), posted on Thursday, 22 April 2021
Reflection - Growing Old Gracefully, Part IV - V (Links), posted on Thursday, 22 April 2021
https://veryfatoldman.blogspot.com/2020/12/reflection-growing-old-gracefully-part_9.html
 
 
 
Reference
[1] From "Teach Us to Number Our Days", Copyright © 2008 by David Roper, ISBN 978-981-11-7184-0, Chapter 4, "My Staff", Page 27-30.

[23] See Hebrews 11:21.

[24] Isaiah 52:12

[25] Ephesians 3:18-19

[26] Psalm 46:10

[27] Isaiah 32:17

[28] Psalm 73:24

[29] William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice, 2.2.

[30] John Bunyan, The Pilgrim's Progress, Part II, 8th stage.


Links


New International Version (NIV), Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.