A girl of height 1.6m stands 0.5m in front of a vertical plane mirror. What is the minimum length of the mirror which will the girl to see the whole of herself?
- The eye is right at the top of the head.
- The mirror is placed with its top at eye level, that is, same level as the top of the girl's head.
- The girl has normal good eyesight.
- Sufficient light intensity.
According to Laws of reflection
The angle of incidence, i, is equal to the angle of reflection, r.
- The angle of incidence, i, is the angle between the incident ray and the normal.
- The angle of reflection, r, is the angle between the reflected ray and the normal.
- The normal is the perpendicular line to the reflecting plane.
What Portion of a Mirror is Required?
- MARIS STELLA HIGH SCHOOL, Secondary 4 Preliminary Examination 2, PAPER 1 MULTIPLE CHOICE, NO. 22, 18th September 2008